Collection and use of personal data
What information do we collect from people who visit our website?
Rentif.com collects the following personal information for this purpose:
- Personal identification code and identity document - is necessary for establishing the identity of the person and for pre-filling the contract and managing orders.
- Driving licenses - required for booking vehicles.
- E-mail address - to send order confirmations, inquiries or contract confirmation documents. If necessary, also to contact the customer provided in the conditions of use.
- Address - to define the location of the rental product.
- Bank account number - required to make payments to the customer.
- Purchase history - cost of services, description and data related to payments. Used to provide an overview of services and to analyze customer preferences.
How do we use the information we receive?
We may use the information obtained for the following purposes:
- To provide better service.
- For faster transfers.
- To send emails related to our products and services.
Recipients to whom personal data are transmitted
Rentif is the controller of personal data.
We forward the personal data necessary for making payments to the authorized processor Montonio Finance OÜ.
Personal information is passed on to the online store's customer support to manage your purchase history and resolve customer issues.
The name and address will be provided to the party who rented the product.
Personal data may be transferred to information technology service providers if this is necessary to ensure the functionality of the online store or data hosting.
Modification of personal data
Users can view, edit and add personal information and others under "Profile" until they are verified. If the user has been verified, contact support for changes to personal information.
Withdrawal of consent
The customer has the right to withdraw the consent by notifying the customer support by e-mail.
When closing the customer's account on the website, personal data will be deleted, unless such data needs to be kept for accounting purposes or for the resolution of consumer disputes.
In the case of disputes relating to payments and consumer disputes, personal data shall be kept until the claim is fulfilled or the limitation period expires.
The personal data required for accounting purposes shall be kept for seven years.
To delete personal information, contact customer support via email. A request for erasure shall be answered within a month at the latest and the period for erasure shall be specified.
A request for the transfer of personal data submitted by e-mail will be answered within a month at the latest. Customer support identifies and notifies you of personal information that is subject to transfer.
Protection of personal data
Rentif uses a number of precautions (including administrative, technical and physical) to protect the privacy of its users. Only authorized employees have the right to process and modify the data.
Do we use "cookies"?
Yes. Cookies are small data files that a website stores on your computer's hard drive through a web browser (if you allow it) that allow a website or service provider to identify your browser and store certain types of information.
- Understand and save user preferences for future visits
- Gather information about website traffic so we can provide better experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services to do so for us.
If you wish, you can specify in the settings of your web browser that you want to be notified every time you want to send or deny cookies. Since each browser is slightly different, see your browser's Help menu to learn how. If you disable cookies, some features may not work properly.
Security and access to data
Personal data is stored on OVHcloud servers. Data may be transferred to countries whose level of data protection has been assessed as adequate by the European Commission and to US companies that are affiliated to the Privacy Shield framework. Employees of the Rentif website have access to personal data, who can access personal data in order to resolve technical issues related to the use of the website and to provide customer support services. Rentif.com implements appropriate physical, organizational, and IT security measures to protect personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorized access and disclosure. Authorized processors are required to ensure appropriate safeguards for the processing of personal data.
If you have any questions, you can contact us by e-mail.
e-mail: [email protected]